If you want to contribute an article/post, please email Maria Haubrich at email@example.com.
As we get hundreds of pitches a day, please do not be discouraged if it takes a while to respond. Below are some guidelines to help you.
At Small Business Currents, we want to inspire and inform small business owners and startups to grow their businesses. Please ONLY pitch relevant topics—topics to help small business owners.
- We prefer posts to be 800-1200 words with sentences of varying lengths. Check for readability (shorter paragraphs, subheads to break up sections, etc.)
- Please make topics current and specific. For example, instead of just Email Marketing, try 10 Subject Lines That Work.
- We write to business owners, both startup and growing companies–NOT employees.
- We do not publish company-specific news, press releases, or content reading similarly to a press release. Contributors are welcome to include a relevant CTA (1-2 sentences) with a hyperlink at the end of their posts.
- We do not add links to existing content.
- We do not publish gambling nor casino links.
- Given the large volume of posts that we receive daily, we ask that your posts please be in a ready-to-publish state consistent with our existing content when you submit them for final review. Posts that require heavy editing may be rejected. If the blog is not written in grammatically correct English, the piece will also be rejected.
- We syndicate content published on SmallBizDaily to third party sites. Please proofread and edit your posts carefully before submitting, as they syndicate the version originally published on our site. We cannot edit or remove posts syndicated to external sites.
- There is no deadline. Once you send the completed post, I will review and let you know if we can publish and a date of publication. We are usually scheduled 4-6l weeks ahead of time, so if you have a specific postdate in mind, let me know. if you do not include a bio or your links are too promotional, the post will be sent back to you for correction, and it will be delayed in scheduling.
Posts should have more than one non-promotional link. No more than one link in the body of your post should point back to any one domain and if a company is named, there should also be other companies. Also, links to most companies will be tagged as no follow, at the editor’s discretion. Please include more than one non promotional link in the body of the post (not from the same url!).
Again, Small Business Currents reserves the right to remove or no follow any link at our discretion.
- Relevant articles/posts
- Sources of data, statistics, or research
- Resources of value to the reader
- Affiliate links
- Casino links
- Company social profile links — please place these in your bio instead.
- Links to your business website in the bio.
We accept sponsored posts, but we require they be labeled as “paid” or “sponsored.” Please send sponsored post requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. For prices, click here: Sponsored posts.
Other ways to make us happy:
*Please include a Twitter handle in your post bio. We love to share!
*Please share our Twitter when you share! @smallbizcurrents
By submitting articles or otherwise engaging in any communication within the Site, you are granting Small Business Currents/GrowBiz Media Inc. (and its assignees) the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell your submissions to the Site (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate your submissions in other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed.
All contributors are solely responsible for the content, originality, and accuracy of their submissions.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to publish or remove any content from the Site for any reason whatsoever.
If you’re trying to reach our CEO Rieva Lesonsky for an interview or to do business, her email is email@example.com.